FLUCONAZOLE CAPSULES 150 MG
Fluconazole capsule is indicated in adults for the treatment of:
• Cryptococcal meningitis.
• Invasive candidiasis.
• Mucosal candidiasis including oropharyngeal, oesophageal candidiasis, candiduria and chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis.
• Chronic oral atrophic candidiasis (denture sore mouth) if dental hygiene or topical treatment are insufficient.
• Vaginal candidiasis, acute or recurrent; when local therapy is not appropriate.
• Candidal balanitis when local therapy is not appropriate.
• Dermatomycosis including tinea pedis, tinea corporis, tinea cruris, tinea versicolor and dermal candida infections when systemic therapy is indicated.
• Tinea unguinium (onychomycosis) when other agents are not considered appropriate.
Method of administration: Oral
The dose should be based on the nature and severity of the fungal infection. Treatment of infections requiring multiple dosing should be continued until clinical parameters or laboratory tests indicate that active fungal infection has subsided. An inadequate period of treatment may lead to recurrence of active infection.